Friday, April 20, 2007

New Shoes!!

When I was five years old I got a new pair of black sneakers with yellow stripes down the sides. I can still remember the rush of putting on those sneakers and being totally empowered by them. I was instantly made faster, more nimble, and I could jump so much higher. We were actually on vacation when I got them and I remember that on the way home I had my parents stop the car like a half mile from my aunt's house so that I could run the rest of the way.

The reason I'm reminded of those sneakers is because right now I have a four year old boy who is sleeping with his new sneakers on his bedside table and for the last two days I have had the pleasure of watching him be empowered by the magic of new sneakers. As we were walking up to the cash register to by them we passed a random lady and he joyfully shared with her that he was getting new sneakers. When we got home he put them on and just ran around the house stopping only long enough to tell me all the things that his new shoes would be good for. Did you know that new shoes like his will actually help you do hand stands? I didn't know that either until he told me last night.

hmmmm....new shoes.

Why does this new shoe phenomenom have me thinking about Jesus right now? Well because I think that in a way He would like to give us new shoes everyday. And He'd like us to feel empowered by His Spirit to joyfully run around for Him. I want to feel like I can run faster, be more agile. and jump higher because I know Jesus. You might not agree(and if you don't then start your own blog and complain about me) but I think it is a crime for someone who says they know Jesus to be boring and lackluster.

The first thing my boy is going to do tomorrow, without a doubt, is put on his new shoes. How about you? Are you going to let yourself be empowered by the God of new shoes? I hope so. I really do.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

someone told me today that you had "women" calling/stalking you. So I thought I'd check out your blog and stalk you some more. :)

Seriously, I like reading your blog just because it really helps me relate with things much better. I'm sure its just the ~craziness~ about you, but I like your blog and keep up the good work!

Cathy said...

BTW, nice video, someone really smart must have told you how to do that!!!!

Michelle said...

LOVE the new video!! I miss ya...but tomorrow i will be home!!! :)

LOVE ya lotsx...
Michelle.