Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Little Red Chair

I know it's here somewhere. I'm searching. Looking. Wandering here and there. Come on, I know it's here somewhere. I know because my computer connects occasionally with a "very low" signal then drops it, then picks it up, then drops it. You get the idea. So here I am wandering around our churches' store front outreach ministry trying to pirate our neighbors wireless internet signal. I definitely could not hold onto the signal sitting in our comfy couches in the back of the shop but as I worked my way toward the front of the shop I got just enough signal to work on my Blog.
So here I am. But I must say that the little red children's plastic chair that I am now sitting in is much less comfortable than the couch. But this little red plastic chair is teaching me a lesson at this very moment. It got me thinking about the Spirit of God and how He is always on the move. You see, I had to go on the search. I had to leave my comfy couch. The signal wasn't going to just come to me, I had to go on the hunt to find it. I think God works much the same way. He is always on the move. Oh, He might meet you where you are at in life but He doesn't want you to stay there so He is going to move and you must move with Him or be left behind. In Matthew 7:7 Jesus himself tells us that if we seek we will find. It leaves me with the impression that if I want to be discovering God in my daily life I need to be on the lookout for where His signal is the strongest and move there no matter how uncomfortable that might be. Do we want God's strong signal or do we want to be comfortable. They rarely go hand in hand. So as for me, I'm going to keep striving for the the strong signal of God's will in my life even if it leaves me sitting in a rather silly little red chair.

-bye-

1 comment:

Redeemed said...

I was just talking to someone about this on Tuesday, Leaving our comfort zones to do what God is calling us to do. Something I'm still learning to do, and often fail at.

*Scene*
Church ... Sunday Morning service.
Holy Spirit says "I want you to do this..."
I say.. " But no one else is...."
Holy Spirit says " I want you to do this..."
But I answer ..."But what will everyone think !?"
Holy Spirit says "It doesn't matter what they think...I want you to do this.."
But I stall....I know this is what I need to do, What God is asking me to do....but I don't.
The Holy Spirit backs away, grieved.

It's so hard to leave our comfort zones ... but if you don't listen and obey when you hear, there will come a time when you don't hear anymore, you are left at that place in your walk.

Perfect timing PJ :) I needed reminded.