Monday, September 11, 2006

A Good Book

Have you ever felt like your relationship with God was stagnant. Not going anywhere. Or maybe you haven't even given it a thought but if you did you would have to admit that there wasn't really anything new to report on the God front. Actually, that is one of the ways I know there is something wrong between me and God. How could there be nothing new when my God is infinitely deep. Must be my problem right? Right. So what can I do to remedy the situation? There are many great things one can do to rejuvenate your relationship with God but one of my favorite ways is to read a really good book that totally stretches my understanding of God to new dimensions. Some great books I've read lately are The Jesus I Never Knew by Phillip Yancey, Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell, and Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. What are you reading? I'd like to know. I'm always looking for a good new book to keep my life growing. Take care.

No comments: